Conveniently located in the heart of Manhattan’s Upper West Side, with a new campus set to launch in Chelsea for Fall 2021, BASIS Independent Manhattan’s campuses are located in the perfect setting for our world-acclaimed program. From our outdoor terraces to our entryways, every corner of our newly renovated facilities are carefully considered in the pursuit of creating a space suited for student learning and growth and take into consideration all facets of our program, including the sciences, humanities, the arts, physical education, and more. Since 2017, our community is growing into an exceptional and proud addition to BASIS Independent Schools.
Chelsea Building Facts
- Facility Size: 34,000
- 16 classrooms, including a range of specialized spaces for Art, Biology, Chemistry, Drama, Music, and Physics. Nearly all instructional spaces will have access to natural light.
- Rooftop recreation and gathering areas with views of the Hudson River
- Dining space to host on-campus lunch
- Flexible performance space for musical and drama productions, as well as community gatherings
- Skylight-capped open central staircase that sets the social core of the school building
- Configurable seminar, reading and meeting rooms provide shared community spaces for both formal and informal group study and instruction
Upper West Side Building Facts
- Building Type: Mixed-use high-rise
- Facility Size: 44,000
- Outdoor Play Space: 8,000 square foot play deck includes combination of green space and athletic surface
- Classroom Count: 24 classrooms plus seminar spaces
- Additional Amenities: Gymnasium, black box theater, sciences labs, art studio, and more
SIGN UP NOW
Register to receive an email link to our virtual facility tour and experience our classes in action!